IOSH Managing Safety Construction
4 day course
Managing safely (Construction) is for Site managers, Foremen, PSDP, PSCS. It's designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety on a construction project, from the design stage to actual site management. It is very similar to the IOSH Managing Safely, but with more emphasis on the construction aspects of Safety.
- Explain what Managing Safety in relation to a Construction sites means.
- Explain the need for having a safety management system in relation to the size of the project.
- Look at recognised Safety management Systems such as BS 8800 and OHSAS 18001.
- Understand the roles of The Client, Designers, PSDP,PSCS and Contractors.
- Understand the different sections of Irish Legislation.
- The Irish Health and Safety Authority ‘’its Role and responsibilities’’.
- Look at the key parts of Irish Safety Legislation.
- Understand specific Construction Legislation.
- General Site Safety Rules.
- Requirements for Safe Pass/CSCS.
- Understand what accidents are, how they are caused and how they can be managed.
- What are the most common occupational diseases in the work place.
- Understand how to recognise chemicals and how to control them.
- Understand the concept of Occupational Hygiene and its system of controlling diseases in the workplace.
- Understand the concepts of designing a site specific safety statement and carrying out a risk assessment.
- Understand the practical uses of a Code of Practice.
- Review the key Codes of practice for working on a construction site.
- Understand the requirement and practical advantages of using method statements .
- Select and design a site specific method statement.